Sunday, January 26, 2014

Adventures in Quilting

this morning...

I'm working on three pieces (well, actually 5) and wanted to share a little bit of my progress.  I have been experimenting.  This is a snapshop (taken with my phone) of what I'm working on. 

An aquaintance who weaves gave me a woven and dyed piece that she didn't want to keep.  She also gave me some leather scraps.  I'm patchworking them and will see what I come up with - it's pretty cool so far...

My love of hexagons continues.  That little batch in the corner has been appliqued and hand quilted.  A new tote bag is in the works.

Someone stopped by the booth and asked for placemats.  The set of 4 placements turned into a 50x70" quilt that I will finish quilting in the next day or so.  I get a lot of requests for home goods, but sometimes my creative muse pulls me into another direction.  Hang in there, I'm sure there will be placemats made in the near future.

By the way, anyone know how I can get my hot little hands on a longarm?  Buying one is not in my budget, but if you know of anyone who wants to get rid on one, let me know.  I'm into making larger quilts these days and the quilting on my home machine is becoming quite a challenge.  Just putting it out there into the quilting universe...

Have a great Sunday and check back soon to see the completed items!

2 comments:

  1. I love that hexagon piece. I can't help with the longarm, especially as I haven't a clue what that is. It was great to spend some time with you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time too! Thanks for everything...

      Delete