Friday, September 30, 2011

Trouble with Tribbles

Remember the tribbles in Star Trek?  They were these irresistible cute, furry critters that purred like kittens.  They multiplied like bunnies and ate the grain that the Starship Enterprise was storing for a trade deal.  Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock... I digress.  My point is that hexies are like tribbles.  They are not furry and don't purr but they are cute, they multiple like bunnies, and you just can't get enough of them!  Here is the progress on my tribble project.  Decided to applique them onto ash cotton (thanks for the advice Kathy) and although it is tedious, it's coming along.  There are three more panels to complete, borders, quilting, etc.






Had to stop working on it for a while to complete my project for the LAMQG anniversary scrap swap.  Made it with tribbles (of course!) and will post it after the meeting.  It's pretty cute and I hope she likes it!  I'm back onto this project and pulled a stack of fabrics last night so that I can get busy and complete this project.  I think some of these will work.





I've exceeded my fabric budget for the year and this will help me clear some of my stash out to make room for some of the new and exciting lines coming out this Fall and next Spring.  Have seen some amazing prints and can't wait to get my hands on some of them.  So... back to my tribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment